Hotel Horizons® Forecasts
A series of periodic reports prepared on a quarterly basis that econometrically analyze the historical and expected performance of 60 major U.S. lodging markets, as well the entire U.S. lodging industry. Each report includes access to a variety of analytical and data visualization tools.
The following Hotel Horizons®
reports are available:
- National Report - Presents historical and forecast data for the overall U.S. lodging industry, six chain-scale segments, and six location categories.
- Local Market Reports - Reports are prepared for 60 of the largest lodging markets in the U.S. Each report provides historical and forecast data for the overall market, as well as the upper-priced and lower-priced segments within the market.
- Custom Market Forecasts - Econometric forecasts can be prepared on a custom basis for an additional 150 lodging markets.
Financial Benchmarking Reports
On an annual basis since 1936, our industry leading team has collected year-end operating statements from thousands of hotels across the nation. The Trends®
database is the oldest and most comprehensive source of hotel financial information in the United States.
Using the Trends®
database, the following reports are available:
- Benchmarker® - Instantly generate reports and analyze the aggregated financial performance for a group of U.S. hotels selected by the customer using customized criteria. Resulting reports provide in-depth average revenue, expense, and profit information presented in a summary operating statement format, as well as six departmental sub- schedules.
- Trends® in the U.S. Hotel Industry - Obtain compilations of U.S. unit-level hotel financial statements featuring analyses of hotel revenues, expenses, and profits. The data is arrayed at property type, geographic location, rate, and size categories, allowing hotel owners and operators to benchmark the performance of their properties to industry-wide averages of a similar profit. Additional Trends® reports are available for Caribbean and Canadian Hotels, Conference Centers and Hotel Spas.
- Trends® in the Hotel Spa Industry - The report provides financial benchmarking data for the revenues and expense items most relevant to a hotel’s spa department, as well as editorial content on current issues facing the hotel spa industry. Report schedules for spa departments are presented by location, by revenue category, and by size of facility.
- Canadian Trends® in the Hotel Industry - A statistical review of operating and financial information voluntarily contributed by hotels, motels and resorts from across Canada. CBRE Hotels' Trends® database contains more than 600 Canadian properties representing 110,000 rooms. The 2019 edition reflects the results for 2017 and 2018, weighted to a same-on-same sample of approximately 486 properties representing 90,000 rooms. Market data is displayed nationally and regionally using operating results from the same-on-same sample.
- Caribbean Trends® in the Hotel Industry - Report on the average property-level financial performance of hotels located throughout the Caribbean. Revenue, expense, and profit information is presented by room rate and size categories. In addition, the report contains commentary on current development trends in the region, as well as visitation data from a variety of sources.
- Trends® in the Conference Center Industry (IACC)- A statistical and financial profile of the conference center industry presenting the following metrics: facility profiles, rate and occupancy statistics, meeting statistics, marketing, revenues, expenses and profits, and human resources. The report covers executive, corporate, resort, and college/university residential conference centers, as well as day centers.