As CBRE’s Head of Hotels Research & Data Analysis, Rachael Rothman, CFA is responsible for data analysis, thought leadership, and leveraging CBRE’s proprietary Trends® database, Hotel Horizons® Forecasts, and best in class brokerage and capital markets expertise to help hotel owners, brands, and management companies maximize profits while minimizing risks.
Ms. Rothman joined CBRE in March 2021 after a 20-year career as a public hotel company executive and equity analyst following the hospitality industry. Her executive experience spans work as Chief Financial Officer at Apple Hospitality REIT in 2019 and as Head of Corporate Strategy and Investor Relations at Playa Hotels & Resorts in 2018 to 2019.
Prior to that, Ms. Rothman worked for 18 years as a leading equity analyst following the hospitality industry for Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley and Susquehanna International Group. She followed the hotel, restaurant, cruiseline and gaming industries.
Professional Affiliations & Accreditations
- Chartered Financial Analyst designation
- Board member, International Luxury Hotel Association, Northeast Chapter
- Member, Cornell Hotel Society
- Member, New York Society of Securities Analysts
- Master of Arts, Economics, University of Virginia
- Master of Hotel & Restaurant Management, Cornell University
- Bachelor of Arts, Bates College