Marc A. Sallette is a Senior Vice President at CBRE Hotels where he leads a nationwide practice focused exclusively on debt and equity financing for clients in the hotel real estate sector. Mr. Sallette has completed over $3.0 billion of real estate transactions in hotel, resort, residential, fractional, office, retail and industrial markets in the U.S., Canada, Caribbean, Latin America and Europe.
Prior to joining CBRE Hotels, Mr. Sallette was a founding partner of BridgeRock Capital Management, where he co-led origination, structuring, hotel brand and capital raising activities for the firm’s hospitality investments in Brazil. During his time at BridgeRock, he co-structured and negotiated a $1.0-million joint venture to roll out a new hotel brand in Brazil, pursued the creation of a $1.0-billion+ new hotel ownership and development company with a U.S. opportunity fund, negotiated strategic franchise and development agreements with leading international hotel brand companies, and performed approximately $100 million of equity capital raising for several hospitality investment opportunities in Brazil.
Prior to BridgeRock, Mr. Sallette was responsible for hotel acquisitions, development and management opportunities in the U.S., Canada, and Caribbean for Hyatt Corporation. Prior to joining Hyatt, Mr. Sallette worked for Capital Trust and Equity International, both founded as part of the Sam Zell family of real estate companies. At Capital Trust he underwrote high-yield commercial real estate loans and the principal investments, as well as various real estate investment banking and advisory assignments. At Equity International, he was focused on real estate private equity investments and acquisitions outside the U.S.
- Certificate of Completion, Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Advisory Board, Les Roches School of Hospitality Management, Kendall College, Chicago, IL
- Committee Member, Whole Building Design Guide, National Institute of Building Sciences, Washington, DC
- DQI Facilitator, Construction Industry Council, London, England
- Member, Cornell Real Estate Council
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, MBA
- Cornell University, College of Engineering, Master of Engineering
- Cornell University, College of Engineering, Bachelor of Science