Jeff Binford, CHA is a Director of CBRE Hotels’ Consulting, based in our Dallas, Texas practice. Mr. Binford has over 40 years in the hospitality industry with diverse disciplines, including market feasibility, appraisal, franchise and management agreements, individual and multi-property management, asset management, and individual and mixed-use hospitality developments. Mr. Binford works with many clients as Advisor, Receiver, Property Manager and Asset Manager.
Mr. Binford began his hospitality career operating full-service hotels under differing brand names, sizes and geographic locations. He was part of multiple pre-opening teams for hotels from 300 – 1,000 rooms, both as temporary and permanent management positions. His detailed understanding of operations coupled with his expertise in forecasting and budgeting, allows Binford to consistently achieve top profits and service scores.
Prior to CBRE Hotels, Binford served as Managing Director of an international hospitality consulting firm, directly responsible for a portfolio of distressed assets. He also served as Vice President of Development for two large franchise and management organizations, responsible for franchising new-construction developments under multiple brands and soliciting third-party management agreements. His efforts resulted in multi-year awards for both quality and quantity franchise developments with highest per-unit sales. He also previously served as Senior Manager for PKF in Dallas.
Mr. Binford personally worked on hundreds of hotels, valued well over $1 Billion with most industry brands, including Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt Hotels and Resorts, Choice Hotels and InterContinental Hotels Group. He has conducted market and economic feasibility studies, operational reviews and appraisals for hotels and resorts throughout the country.
Binford has a Bachelor of Science degree from the Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel Management at the University of Houston and earned the designation of Certified Hotel Administrator from the American Hotel and Lodging Association Educational Institute.
Mr. Binford served on and chaired many public and private boards and is a frequent keynote speaker, guest lecturer and panelist before a number of industry-related educational institutions, associations and chambers of commerce.
- University of Houston, Conrad Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management, Bachelor of Science
Areas of Expertise
- Certified Hotel Administrator from the American Hotel and Lodging Association Educational Institute
- Urban Land Institute – North Texas Hotel Product Advisory Council
- Alumni Board of Directors – UH Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Economic, financial, operational, management and valuation consulting for the real estate, hospitality and related service industries
- Admitted as an expert in Civil, District and Federal courts in Texas and Kansas
- Fossil Creek Investors
- Hillwood Urban
- Marriott Hotels
- Hilton Hotels
- Choice Hotels
- Omni Hotels
- J. P. Morgan Asset Management
- Beal Bank
- United Central Bank
- Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
- John Q. HammonsGatehouse Capital
- Operational reviews, financial analyses, management evaluations and systems analyses for luxury, full-service and resorts nationwide
- Pre-opening of multiple full-service hotels under multiple brand affiliations ranging from 200 – 2,100 rooms
- Personally conducted, supervised and managed hundreds of market and economic feasibility studies, appraisals and operational reviews for hotels and resorts
- Acquisition studies, due diligence and development planning for numerous hotels and motor hotels
- Market value appraisals of hotels
- Development of bankruptcy reorganization plans and expert testimony in court for associated bankruptcy proceedings
- Preparation of cash flow and return on investment calculations for proposed, operating and distressed hotels
- Development of the organizational structures and job descriptions and requirements for hotels
- Development of procedural manuals for hotel operations
- Court-Appointed Receiver for multiple hotels across the country
- Court-Appointed Manager by Federal Bankruptcy Court
- Provided corporate consultation for multiple hotel corporations
- Provided litigation support for cases involving eminent domain, bankruptcies, management agreements, operations, franchise agreements, construction and fraud investigations