Within CBRE Hotels' global network of services, 120 hospitality consulting, valuation and research specialists in the Americas provide comprehensive assistance with market and financial feasibility studies, valuations, operator selection, management/franchise contract negations, financial benchmarking and econometric forecasting for the hospitality industry. In 2015, these hotel experts advised upon or valued 2,852 hospitality assignments worth $69.1 billion.
CBRE HOTELS’ CONSULTING & RESEARCH SERVICES
CBRE Hotels’ Consulting and Research teams are seamlessly integrated to provide world-class advisory, consulting and research services to the lodging sector.
CBRE HOTELS’ CONSULTING
CBRE Hotels’ Consulting offers premier advisory services and industry expertise to help private and public sector clients in planning, developing, managing, financing, problem-solving, improving operations, and valuing hotels and other hospitality assets, as well as destinations. Our team has the distinct advantage of being the only hospitality consulting firm with its own, proprietary database of U.S. hotel financial statistics allowing us to provide best-in-class feasibility and market studies, acquisition due diligence and valuations.
CBRE HOTELS’ CONSULTING & RESEARCH SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Asset Management and Management Company Selection
- Acquisition Due Diligence
- Conference, Convention, and Public Assembly Facilities
- Custom Research
- Econometric Forecasting
- Financial Benchmarking
- Litigation Support and Expert Testimony
- Market and Financial Feasibility Studies
- Operational Studies
- Real Estate Appraisals and Business Valuation
- Resort and Recreation Services
- Tourism and Recreational Studies
CBRE Hotels’ Valuation and Advisory Services team is a nationally recognized and organized platform with strong quality control and format oversight. The majority of the valuation professionals holds the MAI designation and has five or more years’ experience appraising institutional-quality real estate assets.
REPORTS & MARKET INFORMATION
Each valuation report is reviewed by regional management with the MAI designation and is based upon a national format that ensures consistent methodology, content and presentation. Our highly detailed and complete reports are fully compliant with USPAP and FIRREA and include:
- An in-depth Market Analysis section that summarizes past regional, submarket and competitive set performance benchmarks;
- A detailed income analysis, with comparisons to regional properties as well as figures taken from national hotel publications and the CBRE Hotels’ proprietary database of over 8,000 properties; and
- Detailed market information
CBRE’s Valuation and Advisory Services team maintains a national database of confirmed hotel sales transactions and other hotel market information (made available to clients upon request)
- The sale transactions include revenue and expense information, in addition to revenue multipliers and capitalization rates
- The competitive market hotel data includes the most recent ADR and occupancy information that are confirmed by in-depth field research
- CBRE Hotels is well suited to administering large portfolios through its Single Point of Contact (SPOC) system whereby the entire process—from bidding, to property data distribution, to report delivery and reviews—can be handled through one person
- CBRE maintains a proprietary web site known as iChannel that is ideal for warehousing the significant amounts of property data, review comments and appraisal reports often generated in large portfolio assignments (more details on iChannel are available upon request)